This document represents an acceptance constitution for the community based NON-GOVERNMENTAL ORGANIZATION (NGO), HUMBLE FARM REFUGE TOUBAKOLONG THE GAMBIA.
The laws and by-laws herein must be adhered to by all members.
The members of the NGO have been made aware of constraints confronting youth and their communities. We are convinced we can come together and find solutions which address the needs of our communities. Partnering and utilizing agriculture, with Toubakolong Village, Toubakolong Partnership and Humble Farm Refuge, INC, this NGO intends to NETWORK with national and international NGOs for the health and welfare of youth and community, support the empowerment of women, and sensitize youth on the dangers of using the back way to Europe, utilizing agriculture.
AIMS AND OBJECTIVES
1. Develop a harmonious working relationship including Humble Farm Refuge, INC, Toubokolong Partnership, Toubakolong Village Development Committee (VDC) that is mutually beneficial, over health and sustainable living.
2. Encourage the development of environmental friendly and economically sustainable communities by sharing helpful resource information from the West.
3. Help improve profitability of the local communities, reduce poverty, increase food security, and create greater markets for Gambian produced products and services.
4. Empower rural women and farmers in The Gambia, tackling the problem of hunger, health and extreme poverty by learning to better utilize what is readily available and practicing the basics of sustainable living.
5. Promote farm to table, growing what you eat and eating what you grow; being healthier, happier, more innovative and productive. Seeing the glass half full rather than half empty, encouraging positive thinking and putting it into action.
6. Achieve success through the conduct of our daily business, open communications, trading, training, building; telling our own stories, lectures, seminars, education, food, drink, entertainment; based on our own personal and professional experience.
THE EXECUTIVE COMMITTEE Shall
1. Be responsible for the supervision and administrative procedures of the NGO.
2. Undertake such measures as might deem necessary to enforce an important decision of the NGO.
3. Be comprised of the President, Vice President, Secretary, Assistant Secretary, Public Relations Officer/(PRO), Cashier and Auditor.
4. Uphold and enforce the constitution of the NGO.
5. Carry out policies and programs of the NGO.
6. Identify, plan and manage the NGO’s activities.
7. Perform their individual responsibilities accordingly.
DUTIES OF THE PRESIDENT
i. Preside over all meetings.
ii. Supervise and direct the successful implementation of all projects.
iii. Represent the NGO at high profile functions or appoint a designee.
iv. Be assisted by the Vice President and/or advisers.
DUTIES OF SECRETARY
i. Record and keep minutes of all Executive and General Meetings of the NGO.
ii. Create the agenda of all meetings and all other programs.
iii. Compile all correspondence relating to group activities and remind members about all proceedings of the meetings.
DUTIES OF THE CASHIER/Treasurer
i. Be responsible for the safe keeping of all the funds of the NGO.
ii. Deposit all funds generated by the NGO in a bank account to which the signatories shall be the President and Treasurer, unless otherwise designated.
iii. Report on the financial status of the NGO.
DUTIES OF THE AUDITOR
i. Responsible for auditing all accounts of the NGO.
ii. Report findings to the Executive Committee.
THE FUNDING SOURCES ARE
i. Proceeds from sales of farm products.
ii. Donations from well wishers
iii. Proceeds from the NGO activities.
iv. Any lawful source or means.
The membership is open to both genders, but acceptance for admission shall rest with the Executive Committee.
THE MEMBERSHIP RIGHTS AND OBLIGATIONS
i. All members of the NGO are guaranteed freedom of conscience, assembly, association, opinion and religious belief.
ii. Members have right to actively take part or participate in the running and management of the NGO, as approved by the Executive Committee.
iii. Members are free to ask questions to clear doubts.
THE FUNCTIONS AND P0WER OF THE PRESIDENT
i. Map out strategies and make general policy decisions for the realization of the objectives of the NGO.
ii. Provide and explore all sources of financing and obtaining material aid for the NGO.
iii. Arrange to collect, accept donations and other benefits on behalf of the NGO.
iv. Lease, hire or otherwise acquire moveable and immovable property of the NGO.
v. Enter into any legal contract whatsoever, which is beneficial to the NGO or targeted beneficiaries.
vi. Serve as the contact for the NGO.
vii. Recommend admission of dismissal of members.
viii. Be entrusted with the responsibility to enforce the by-laws of the NGO.
TERMINATION OF MEMBERSHIP
i. Undermining the progress of the NGO.
ii. Using the name of the NGO for personal interest.
i. Every member shall have the right to vote and be voted to any position by a majority.
ii. Group decisions are reached through a majority vote.
Amendments to the Constitution shall be subjected to the approval of at least 2/3 of the membership.
No one person has the power to dissolve the NGO. Through democratic decisions, the NGO can be dissolved and when the decision is reached, assets, money and liabilities shall be shared among existing members.
ACCEPTANCE OF GIFTS
The NGO may request and/or receive gifts and donations from any philanthropist, individuals, and organizations such gifts and items shall be channeled through the Executive Committee. No member shall request any assistance without the knowledge of the Executive Committee.
NAME AND ADDRESS
The NGO shall be called HUMBLE FARM REFUGE TOUBAKOLONG THE GAMBIA
The NGO is formed in TOUBAKOLONG VILLAGE. It is a Community or local based NGO located in Upper Nuimi District, North Bank Division Region.
Contact: ARTHUR R. THOMAS