45 Uses for Vinegar
1. Freshen up the fridge. Clean the shelves and walls with a solution of half water and half vinegar.
2. Brighten coffee cups and teacups. Gently scrub stains with equal parts vinegar and salt (or baking soda).
3. Eliminate odors. Swab plastic containers with a cloth dampened with vinegar.
4. Kill bathroom germs. Spray full-strength vinegar around the sink and tub. Wipe clean with a damp cloth.
5. Save a garment. To remove light scorch marks on fabrics, rub gently with vinegar. Wipe with a clean cloth. This technique also works on antiperspirant stains.
6. Tidy up a toilet. Pour a cup or more of diluted white distilled vinegar into the bowl. Let sit several hours or overnight. Scrub well with a toilet brush and flush.
7. Lose the carpet stain. Make a paste of 2 tablespoons white distilled vinegar and ¼ cup salt or baking soda. Rub into the stain and let dry. Vacuum the residue the next day. (Always test an out-of-sight part of the carpet first.)
8. Renew paint brushes. To remove old paint, place brushes in a pot with vinegar. Soak for an hour, then turn on the stove and bring the vinegar to a simmer. Drain and rinse clean.
9. Wipe off a dirty faucet. To get rid of lime buildup, make a paste of 1 teaspoon vinegar and 2 tablespoons salt. Apply to sink fixtures and rub with a cloth.
10. Stop static cling. Add ½ cup of white distilled vinegar to your wash cycle. The acid reduces static and keeps dryer lint from sticking to your clothes.
11. Make old socks look new. Get the stains out of old socks and sweaty gym clothes by soaking them in a vinegar solution. Add 1 cup of white distilled vinegar to a large pot of water, bring to a boil and drop in the stained clothes. Let them soak overnight, and in the morning stained clothes are fresh and bright.
12. Restore handbags and shoes. Wipe white distilled vinegar on scuffed leather bags and shoes. It will restore their shine and help hide the marks.
13. Banish weeds. Pour white distilled vinegar on the weeds growing in the cracks of your walkway and driveway. Saturate the plant so the vinegar reaches the roots.
14. Liven droopy flowers. Don’t throw out cut flowers once they start to wilt. Instead, add two tablespoons of white vinegar and one teaspoon of sugar to a quart of water. Pour the solution into your vase, and the flowers will perk up.
15. Put an end to itching. Dab a cotton ball soaked in white vinegar on mosquito bites and insect stings. It will stop them from itching and help disinfect the area so they heal faster.
16. Whiten your teeth. Brush your teeth once a week with white distilled vinegar. Dip your toothbrush into the vinegar and brush thoroughly. It will help prevent bad breath, too.
17. Make nail polish last longer. Before you apply your favorite polish, wipe your nails with a cotton ball soaked in white distilled vinegar. The clean surface will help your manicure last.
18. Keep car windows frost-free. Prevent windows from frosting over in a storm by coating them with a solution of three parts white distilled vinegar to one part water. The acidity hinders ice, so you won’t have to wake up early to scrape off your car.
19. Let your dog shine. Spray your dog with one cup white distilled vinegar mixed with one quart water. The solution is a cheap alternative to expensive pet-care products, plus the vinegar will help repel pests like fleas and ticks.
20. Battle litter-box odor. Cat litter can leave behind an unwelcome smell. Eliminate it by pouring a half-inch of white distilled vinegar into the empty litter box. Let stand for 20 minutes, then rinse with cold water.
21. Kill bacteria in meat. Marinating in vinegar knocks out bacteria and tenderizes the meat. Create a marinade by adding ¼ cup balsamic vinegar for every 2 pounds of meat to your own blend of herbs and spices. Let the meat sit anywhere from 20 minutes to 24 hours, depending on how strong you want the flavor, then cook it in the morning without rinsing.
22. Prevent cracked eggs. Prevent eggs from cracking as they hard-boil by adding two tablespoons of white vinegar to the water. The eggs will stay intact, and the shells will peel off more easily when you’re ready to eat them.
23. Steam away a microwave mess. Fill a small bowl with equal parts hot water and vinegar, and place it in the microwave on high for 5 minutes. As the steam fills the microwave, it loosens the mess, making clean up a breeze.
24. Repair DVDs. If you have a worn DVD that skips or freezes, wipe it down with white distilled vinegar applied to a soft cloth. Make sure the DVD is completely dry before reinserting it into the player.
25. Get those last drops. If you can’t get that final bit of mayonnaise or salad dressing out of the jar, dribble in a few drops of vinegar. Put the cap on tightly and shake. The remaining condiments will slide out.
26. Rinse fruits and vegetables. Add 2 tablespoons white distilled vinegar to one pint water. Use the mixture to wash fresh fruits and vegetables, then rinse thoroughly. The solution kills more pesticide residue than does pure water.
27. Brighter Easter eggs. Before your kids dye Easter eggs, mix 1 teaspoon of vinegar with ½ cup of hot water, then add food coloring. The vinegar keeps the dye bright and prevents the color from streaking.
28. Loosen a rusted screw. Pour vinegar onto the screw, and it will easily unstick.
29. Remove gum. To remove gum from fabric or hair, heat a small bowl of vinegar in the microwave. Pour the warm vinegar over the gum, saturating the area. The gum will dissolve.
30. Keep cheese from molding. Wrap cheese in a vinegar-soaked cloth, then place in an airtight container and refrigerate.
31. Renew a loofah. Soak your loofah in equal parts vinegar and water for 24 hours to dissolve soap residue, then rinse in cold water.
32. Remove wax. If you get melted candle wax on your wood furniture or floors, gently wipe it away with a cloth soaked in a solution of equal parts white vinegar and water.
33. Take a relaxing bath. Add ½ cup of vinegar to warm bath water for a cheap spa session at home. The vinegar removes dead skin, leaving you feeling soft and smooth.
34. Brighten your hair. Remove hair product buildup by rinsing a tablespoon of vinegar through your hair once a month.
35. Freshen fabrics. Fill a spray bottle with white vinegar and spritz your home to neutralize odors in fabrics, carpets, shoes or any sprayable surface.
36. Erase crayon. If your kids get crayon marks on the walls or floor, dip a toothbrush in white vinegar and gently scrub. The vinegar breaks down the wax, making for an inexpensive, nontoxic way to clean up after children.
37. Sticky stickers. Don’t scratch at the residue left by stickers or price tags. Instead, apply vinegar to the gunk, let it sit for a few minutes, then wipe the glue away.
38. Clean the dishwasher and coffee pot. Reduce soap buildup and food residue by pouring a cup of vinegar into your empty dishwasher or coffee pot once a month and letting it run a full cycle.
39. Sanitize pet accidents. You can remove the stain―and smell―of your pet’s accident by mixing ¼ cup vinegar with a quart of water and blotting the mixture onto the mess with a washcloth. Continue dabbing until the spot is gone.
40. Prep for summer grilling. To remove charcoal buildup from your grill, spray white distilled vinegar on balled up aluminum foil and scrub the grate thoroughly.
41. Restore showerhead pressure. If your showerhead gets clogged with mineral deposits, soak it for 15 minutes in a mixture of ½ cup vinegar and 1 quart water.
42. Clean your scissors. When your scissor blades get sticky, wipe them down with a cloth dipped in full-strength white vinegar. Unlike soap and water, vinegar won’t ruin the blades or rust the metal.
43. Unclog drains. For a natural, nontoxic way to clean clogged pipes, pour one cup of baking soda, followed by one cup of white vinegar, down the drain. Let the products bubble and foam, then flush the pipes with a pot of boiling water.
44. Eliminate dandruff. If your scalp is feeling dry or flaky, vinegar can be a simple at-home remedy. Once a week, pour one cup of apple cider vinegar over your scalp, and let it sit for 15 minutes. Rinse thoroughly with cool water.
45. Soften your feet. Summer sandals leaving you with cracked heals and calluses? Soak your feet for 20 minutes a day in one part vinegar to two parts warm water. The vinegar removes dead skin, leaving your feet
soft and smooth.
Join in and write your own page! It's easy to do. How? Simply click here to return to (((YIV))) Real Discussion Real People.
Right here, Right now.
BLOGGING for A Better WORLD!
bullies deal with them
Hey was a middle schooler and i get called a white bitch so so if anyone is like me tell someone thats something i never did.!
Being a Prince
Not sure how your response relates to "why do you continue engaging, knowing all the long term pain and suffering this is causing"? Seems to me, this …
how I got my husband back
I want to testify of the good work of prophet Bond, who helped me in bringing back my ex, i never thought i was going to have him again. My name is …
Justified because DOMINATION
It took an incident like this to push to the forefront the inhumane treatment of black America...demand attention, stop the killing, stop the racism, stop …
Losing a best friend
Wow! First of all my condolences for your lost! Death is uncontrollable. Some are chosen first and some are chosen at a later or different time! We all …
my testimony on how i got my husband back and kids
Hello everyone i want to share a live testimony on how Dr Osimen was able to bring my husband back to me, myself and my husband were on a serious breakup, …
White girls ignoring white guys and throwing themselves at Mexican American guys
I'm a white guy in fresno can and all I see is white girls running to Mexican American guys. They refuse to even consider a date with me a good looking …
White women are destroying white men Not rated yet
Women can make or break a man, for behind every successful man is a strong woman. White women today are weak and out to break the white man in the name …
I am a Channel Not rated yet
Hi, I am a chenneller. I became aware of it in 2011 after a huge loss. I am mixed but spirit sent me a black channel to teach me what I am. She is …
Life Not rated yet
Wat is life if all we do is make money for pointless gain look at us were losing everything but we don't care along as we have more than the person next …
Women's Corner Not rated yet
As we prepare for the Christmas (Holiday) Season.. We are out shopping for gifts and preparing special dinner, cooking those delicious cakes. Let us …
looking for whitewemen that hate whitemen Not rated yet
I love whitewemen that hate their own race I'm a blackman.
A MELANIN FREQUENCY-THE MYSTIC CHANNELER SEKHMET Not rated yet
Greetings and Welcome to my page. "A MELANIN FREQUENCY-THE MYSTIC CHANNELER SEKHMET" I am blessed with the gift of Clairaudient and Clairvoyance. …
"PSYCHOLOGICAL INFLUENCES AND SPIRITUAL WARFARE" By A.A. AMEN-RA Not rated yet
Sometime late last year in 2015, a subject was brought to the attention of the American public, that it had been decided that they were going to try to …
Beautiful tribute Not rated yet
Dee, you said it so poignantly with such deep feeling. I hope that when my time comes, someone will be so caring of me. May she rest in peace and may …
How prepared are you?re you prepared Not rated yet
The people that are involved in a relationship will some day plan and prepare for their special day with much time,effort, decision making and a whole …
who is making the white women for u Not rated yet
haters here. clearly.
is that a knock-out? Not rated yet
I thought that rose would be dead by now, great job
Thank you for sharing Not rated yet
Our history is so violent and distorted and all we want to know is both sides of the story. Recognize, confess, know...thanks for sharing
you go girl... Not rated yet
beautiful, somebody is expecting a bountiful harvest, like that huge lobster! Enjoy
Love Leggings Not rated yet
People talk about the shit you do ruining their kids, but you never hear about the things they do ruining yours. Who's ruining who? A heart for leggings, …
When you think you escaped Not rated yet
Can't sleep, stress, can't be satisfied and more stress. A chain, lock, wrench, telephone how can they help you? One day you come to realize for …
Cosby's infidelity Not rated yet
Cosby has long been dogged by accusations of infidelity. As Cosby joined the ranks of other famous infidels like Bill Clinton, Jesse Jackson, Willie …
Cosby's response Not rated yet
Bill Cosby will not dignify "decade-old, discredited" claims of sexual abuse with a response, his attorney said Sunday, the first comment from the famed …
Something Better for Something Worse Not rated yet
Is Mr. Cosby a good example of this?
NOTHING like TRN was announced - PURE LIE Not rated yet
It is very strange people spreading BS instead of facts. They were screaming all over the internet that March 17 will be announcement of TRN and prices …